Sunday 23 June 2013

Strange But True

For those of us no longer in our honeymoon period with WoW, the game can feel a bit stale at times.  You've seen it all, done it all, and now you're doing it on your nth alt.  You know every corner of the game world, every snippet of lore, every chord of every sub-zone soundtrack.  Or at least you think you do.  Occasionally on our travels through Azeroth something  catches the corner of our eye.  You can be traveling through a well known area and for some reason, something just seems ... different.  You can't quite put your finger on it, but it you pause for a moment and just wait, you'll see it properly.

I had just such a moment yesterday while questing in Feralas.  I was out zapping giants for Zorbin on the Forgotten Coast when I could have sworn I saw a giant farting.  "Nah", I said to myself, and carried on with the zapping. "Couldn't be.  I must just be tired tonight".  Then I saw it again. 

I stopped the zapping and sat and watched the giants, and this is what I saw.

Fart Bubbles
The giants crouch down and fart out a great dirty bubble.  The fun's not over there, though.  Then they do this:

Pop!
They turn round and pop the bubble with their finger.  Farting has consequences, though.  One more thing to be done.

P-hew!
They wave their maces back and forth behind themselves, as if to waft away the stink.

So there you have it folks.  Just when you think you've seen it all, you'll find something you haven't seen (and sometimes wish you hadn't).

Happy Sunday.  Cheers,

E


No comments:

Post a Comment